Ever have those days were you feel like you got nothing accomplished? I know I’ve had many, and those days just feel like a waste of time. Trust me running a household, being mommy, and making time to blog needs some sort of organization or else I just feel frustrated and get nothing done. Those days were I have everything planned in my Erin Condren Planner, my day seem to go a lot smoother and I feel accomplished at the end of the day. Here is a list of things you can do to help create a routine for yourself and like they say if you do something for a long period of time, it becomes a habit. Once it becomes a habit then you will start doing it without thinking about it and becomes less work over time.
1. Make your bed as soon as you get up- This will prevent you from going back into bed and set the tone for the rest of your day. The way you start your day is how the rest of your day will be…usually.
2. Treat yourself to a nutritious breakfast and create a to do list- Have your morning coffee or tea, get that fuel you need for the next few hours. During this time make a to-do list of things that need to be done that day. Note what is your #1 priority for the day and make sure you tackle that first.
3. Wake yourself up by taking a shower or washing your face. Nothing like feeling nice and fresh the rest of the day. This will also force you out of your pajamas if you work from home. Doing this will make you feel like you are ready to officially do something with your day other than just lay in front of the television in your pajamas.
4. Create a schedule. I love my Erin Condren planner! It keeps me well organized, and structured by allowing me to be on a schedule. I also try to do things at the same time everyday. This way I spend less time thinking what needs to be done and waste less time.
5. Find the time of day you have more energy. I am an early bird myself and like getting stuff done early in the morning. During this time do what takes more energy from you. For me is getting the house clean, because after that I can focus on my girls and anything else I need to do for myself.
Here is a typical schedule for myself, little things vary but for the most time this is my structured routine. The girls have their own little schedule they follow as far as TV time, snacks, nap time, all done at the same time each day:
6:30-7:00 am- Usually woken up by Aubrey
7:00-8:30am-Prepare breakfast for the girls and myself. Figure exactly what I am doing that day. I always have my Erin Condren planner with me. (wash my face, brush teeth, get dressed)
8:30-11:30am- House work(breaks with playing with girls)
1:00pm- Prepare Katie for nap
1:30pm- Prepare Aubrey for nap
2:00pm-3:00pm- Me time
3:00-5:30pm- Play time with girls, activities, etc.
5:30-6:30pm- Prepare dinner
7:00pm-8:00pm- Clean up kitchen, dishes, bath time for the girls, etc.
8:00pm- Put Katie to sleep
8:00-9:30pm- Aubrey time, relax
10:00pm-? Work on my blog or go to sleep. This is the only part that is not structured every night. It really just depends on how tired I am and or if I need to meet a dead-line.
Remember that creating a structure is what is important. Do things at the same time everyday and plan your day. You may fail a few times but that is okay. Find one that works for you and above all make one that makes you happy.
Get $10.00 off your Erin Condren Planner here! After creating an account, you will receive an email with a unique $10 coupon code for your first purchase.
Disclaimer: Contains affiliate links.